If you want to start your studies and preparations according to NDA and wants to have a detailed information about it, the information contained here can help you.
NDA stands for National Defense Academy where all the candidates of the three sectors i.e. Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy are sent for the purpose of training before they go on to respective service academy for further pre-commission training.
To go to this department one must clear the NDA exam which are taken under UPSC for those who are looking forward to joining Defence Forces including Army, Navy and Air Force.
More About NDA Exams:-
NDA exam is conducted twice every year in April and September.
Examinations are a two-step process where candidates first need to give the exam and then qualify the personality test or interview conducted by the Service Selection Board (SSB).
- The candidates must have passed 10+2 with physics and mathematics for Navy and Air Force and any subject for Army.
- The height of the candidate should be according to their weight.
- The age of the candidate should be between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
- The candidate should be Indian or a Nepali’s border resident,or an Indian migrant.
Only unmarried male/female are eligible for NDA(I) and an unmarried male for NDA(II).
Minimum height for a girl is 140cm and boy is 153cm and weight equivalent of it.
- The questions will be objective type.
- The questions will be available in both English and Hindi language.
- questions involving the metric system of Weights and Measures only will be set.
- Candidates can’t take any help from others in writing papers.
- The commission can fix their qualification marks at their own.
The question paper will have two codes.Code 1 has mathematics(300 marks) and General ability(600 marks).Means 900 marks in total 2½ hours provides for each.After qualifying exams one must go through SSB INTERVIEW.
The standard of questions in the NDA exam are of matriculation and 10+2 level.
- Mathematics:Matrices And Determinants, Analytical Geometry Of Two And Three Dimensions, Integral Calculus And Differential Equations, Different Calculus, Algebra, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, etc..
- General Ability:English, General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, General Science, General Science, History, Freedom Movement etc.
150 questions from each code.
Tips for Preparation:-
- Read English newspaper for enhancing English speaking ability.
- Gather information about India,its national symbols like stuffs,movements.
- Go through NCERT books of older classes.
- Learn information about physical and economic geography of India.
- Remember information about atleast 8 – 10 months current affairs.(recent)
- Solve NCERT books of 11th and 12th for maths.
- Learn all the formulas by heart.
Candidates are required to apply online on the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in for admission. Applicants are advised to submit a single application only. After the admission is complete successfully, in 3 – 4weeks you admit card will be provided online.
Hope it may have helped you..