If you want to start your studies and preparations according to IAS and wants to have a detailed information about it, the information contained here can help you.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is the highest administrative post among the 24 services like IPS, IFS etc..To reach till here one must have to clear the IAS examination.
It is one of the three All India Services, its cadre can be employed by both the Union Government, the State Governments and public-sector undertakings. It is the highest executive bureaucracy power.
IAS examination is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It is conducted by the UPSC in the form of Civil Services Examination (CSE).
By clearing this examination one can even be selected for numerous job roles like the collector, head of public sector units, commissioner, chief secretary, cabinet secretary
Eligibility criteria for IAS:
- Education: graduated from any stream.
- Nationality:Indian or Indian migrant.
- Age:21 to 32 years.
- Number of attempts:06 for general,09 for OBC, upto age limit for SC/ST.
- It has two sets namely-General Studies and Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT).
- Time duration- 2 hrs.
- Question type- objective
- Maximum percentage- 33℅
- Full Marks- 200 each
- Languages- English and Hindi
- Mains exam will be given after qualifying prelims.
- It will be a written test.
- It will be of 2025 marks.
- The total marks on writing will be 1750 and 259 on personality test.
- Paper I – essay
- Paper II- General Studies-I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
- Paper III- General Studies-II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International Relations)
- Paper IV- General Studies-III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper V- General Studies-IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Paper VI- optional subject paper-1
- Paper VII- optional subject paper-2
- Personality test-275 marks
All the subject has 250 marks each.
Some optional subjects include-
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Botany Chemistry
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations Psychology
- Public Administration
- Literature of some specific languages
- Prepare mentally and physically for the examination.
- Understand the pattern.The UPSC exam has three stages — prelims, mains and the interview.
- You should set a comfortable timetable.
- Aspirants should understand and follow the syllabus for UPSC civil service examination.
- Read newspapers daily.It is a must for interview.
- Choose the optional subjects wisely.
- Read NCERT books from class 6 – 12.
- Make notes of everything you study.
- Stay updated about current affairs.
- Solve previous years question,mock test, practice answer writing and be positive.
You can either do self- study or a combination of self-study and experts help.
- Visit the official website.UPSC Civil Services Examination 2022’.Fill up the information and register.
- Candidates can make the payment through online or offline mode of 100 INR.After payment download the form.
- Download and take a print out of the form in case if needed.
- Admit card will be provided online within 4-5 weks.
- You can even choose your centre.
Official Website-http://i.e. upsc.gov.in.