If you want to join the CID department and want to be a CID officer but doesn’t know much details about this platform, here you can find the information related to “How To Be a CID OFFICER” and can get everything you want to know.
CID stands for Crime Investigation Department which mainly functions on the critical cases that are entrusted by the government and hence this department comes under the government.
There are many aspirants who wish to pursue a CID officer’s job as their career or dream job. However, to be a CID official one must have skills and proper education in the criminal justice.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Well developed reasoning skills.
Field of Investigation:
Investigation of major cases like of Rape, Riots, Murder, Serious Assaults, and frauds, etc.. They perform their job very attentively and gathers and collects each and every details related to cases.
Branches Of CID Department:
- Fingerprints /Footprints Bureau,
- Anti- Human Trafficking And Missing Persons Bureau,
- Human Rights Department,
- Bank Frauds,
- Dog Squad,
- Crime Inspection,
- Scientific Research Center Etc.
- Citizenship-Citizen Of India.
- Sex– Male, Female.
- Education– 10+2 for junior post and graduation for higher posts.
- Age Limit– 20 Years To 27 Years.
- Examination- Indian Civil Service exam by UPSC.
- No. of attempts- 4 for general, 7 for OBC, no limits for SC/ST.
- Height- 165cm for men’s and 150 for women.
- Chest- 76cms on Expansion.
- Written Exam
- Physical test
Duration:- 2 hrs.
Total Marks:- 200 marks.
- General Awareness
- Numerical Aptitudes
- General Intelligence+Reasoning
- English Comprehension
Duration:- 4 hrs.
Total Marks :- 400 marks.
- Arithmetical Abilities (100 Question, 2 Hours)
- English Language And Comprehension (200 Question,2 Hours)
After this you will have to qualify physical fitness test and the interview of weightage 100 marks.
Initial salary:- 1,76,171. intermediate Salary:- 3,25, 950. final salary:-7,86,880.
Initial salary:-2,56,081. Intermediate salary:- 3,51,353. Final salary:-11,73,760.
Initial salary:- 2,23,820. Intermediate salary:- 5,11,110. Final salary:- 7,12,790.
Ways to join CID Department:-
- You join the police force, as a hawaldar or an assistant police. After that you qualify the internal exams and apply to the CID department.
- You could clear the UPSC exam after Graduation to join the CID team as an Assistant sub inspector
- You can do Graduation in criminology after which you will have to clear UPSC and join the CID team as IDS officer.
Hope it may have helped..