If you want to go to the cardiology department and wants to know the informations related to it like qualification, course, eligibility, degree, here you can find the answers to your questions:
Cardiology is a branch of science which deals with our heart, the diseases caused in it, their treatment, the functioning of heart and heart health.
Cardiologist are the specialist of this “cardiology” category. These doctors have proper knowledge and training in treating cardiovascular disease within the heart.
In this new era our heart faces a lots of problems which lead improper functioning of our heart that can many diseases like heart attacks, raising in cholesterol.
Most of these diseases are related to the heart and the blood vessels, including heart rhythm disorders, coronary artery disease, heart attacks, heart defects and infections and associated conditions.
They diagnose the diseases and cures it through a series of researching, examining and doing surgery (if required). Because of this stressful environment the need of Cardiologist has increased.
So, in this article we discuss about the creation required for being a cardiologist because whether you want to do it for your passion or profession, informations are a must for everything.
- You need to clear 10+2 with PCB.
- NEET or other required entrance exam.
- MBBS M.D ( pediatric or medicinal) or DM in cardiology.
- Deep Knowledge and detailed awareness about cardiology.
- Should know the technologies and devices used for surgery.
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Self- Confidence and self-belief.
Steps To Be a Cardiologist:-
At first you are required to clear 10+2 with PCB i.e. physics, chemistry and biology as your main stream.
Now you have to clear NEET UG or other independent college exam with valid scores to enter the UG program.You can checkout more about NEET from here.
Therefore you study MBBS which is a 5½ year degree. Know more about MBBS from here.
Get the admission in PG course leading to Doctor of Medicine (MD) in general medicine.
After finishing three-year degree of MD, go for the super specialty course of 3-year DM in Cardiology to be a Cardiologist.
One of the most important steps for becoming a future Cardiologist is to have a license to practice Cardiology.
Colleges For Cardiology:-
- CMC Vellore – Christian Medical College.
- AIIMS Delhi – All India Institute of Medical Sciences New Delhi.
- KMC Manipal – Kasturba Medical College.
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore.
- AFMC Pune – Armed Forces Medical College.
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research – [PGIMER], Chandigarh.
- Parul University, Vadodara Gujarat.
It can almost take a cost of INR 5000 – 10 lakh in order to complete your studies for Cardiologist.
- AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi.
- Apollo Hospital, Chennai
- B. M. Birla Heart Research Centre, Kolkata.
- Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, New Delhi.
- Narayana Hrudayalaya, Bangalore.
- Asian Heart Institute and Research Centre, Mumbai.
- Kerala institute of medical sciences, Trivandrum, Kerala.
- Diploma in Cardio Vascular Technology.
- PG Diploma in Clinical Cardiology Course (PGDCC).
- B.Sc in Cardiac Care Technology.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Community Cardiology.
- Master of Science in Cardio logical nursing.
- M. Ch in Cardiology.
- M. Ch Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- DNB Cardio Thoracic Surgery.
- Doctor of Medicine in Cardiology.
Types Of Jobs:-
- Cardiology Surgeon.
- Cardiology Technologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- ECG (electrocardiographic) Technologist.
- Cardiac Catheterization Technologist.
- Interventional Cardiologist.
- Nuclear Cardiologist.
- Cardiology Director.
- Armed Forces Medical Center.
- Private Sector.
- Government Sector.
- Personal Service.
- Specialized Hospitals.
- Medical College.
- Railway Department Medical Service.
• Entry Level:
=> INR 10 Lakh
• 5 – 10 Years:
=>INR 16 Lakh
• 10-15 Years:
=>INR 28 Lakh
=>INR 37 Lakh
So, this was all about the information and guidance about how to build career as a cardiologist with simple and understandable language.
Hope it may have helped you..