If you want to be a banker in your upcoming future and wanna know everything related to it like eligibility, courses and other this article can help you to “Build Up Career As A Banker:”
A banker is the most important part of any country’s economy. They provide the rendering of valuable financial services to any country.
In this new and modern generation banking is considered as the most popular jobs. Now net banking, online transition and online payment had became a vital part of our lives.
And all these are possible to do if we have an account in the banks hence, making the banker’s most important factor of a country’s economy.
Banker is one the reputed jobs in the society. One can become a banker by choosing Commerce stream. This is the best stream for becoming a banker.
However, it you have choosed other streams and now you want to be a banker you may have to do some other degree courses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duty of a banker is all about taxes, investment, savings, loans and insurances. They impose interest and fees on the services they provide and seek profit on the investments.
They have the responsibility of assessing the client’s financial stability for offering programmes, maintain smooth functioning of financial institutions,
These are some of the options by which one can apply for banking:
- 10+ 2 with atleast 50℅.
- Graduate and specialized in economy, mathematics or commerce.
- The post-graduates, MBA holders, Chartered Accountants, and Chartered Financial Analysts
- Banking law
- Financial Markets in India
- Business Policy & Strategic Management
- Commercial Bank Management
- Foreign Exchange
- Principles of Finance
- Direct & Indirect Taxes
- International Banking & Finance
- Economics of Global Trade & Finance
- Modern Banking Theory
Types Of Bankers:
- Branch manager: Branch Managers are bankers who are the local head of a particular branch of their respective bank.
- Investment Bankers: Bankers who work as advisers for their clients in raising money in capital markets and provide financial advisory services.
- Corporate Bankers: Bankers who provide deals with high-end business companies.
- Bank Officers: Bank Officers are bankers who have multiple areas of work like keeping records of the business, checking tabs of bank operations, and managing personal accounts.
- Merchant Bankers: Merchant Bankers are bankers who are responsible for performing consultancy on finances, marketing, management, law, and other aspects of banking.
Students should start preparing for exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, NMAT, GMAT from the college itself so that they can easily clear them and get into top Business Schools for higher studies.
You need to clear other exams as well as per your job recruitment.
- Public sector bank
- Private sector bank
- Multinational bank
- Financial Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Canara Bank
- Dena Bank
- ICICI Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Finance Firms
- Investment Banking firms
Average annual salary:
Rs. 2,00,000 per annum
Rs. 3,21,000 per annum
Rs. 6,00,000 per annum
Rs.7,50,000 per annum
Rs. 10,50,000 per annum
Senior Bank Manager
Rs. 10,48,000 per annum
Steps to become a banker:
- Step 1: Get a 10th Class Diploma
- Step 2: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree
- Step 3: Participate in an Internship
- Step 4: prepare for entrance exam anf college
- Step 5: Complete an Investment Banking Course
- Step 6: Get Licensed
- Leadership qualities
- Good impersonal skills
- Analytical skill
- Numerical aptitude
Hope this may have helped you..