If you want to join the income tax department but doesn’t have knowledge about the jobs offered by it then this article “Types of Jobs Offered By Income Tax Department” contains information which you require.
The Income Tax Department is a government agency that manages direct tax collection of the Government of India.
The IT Department ha power to enforce various direct tax laws, most important among these being the Income-tax Act, 1961, to collect revenue for Government of India.
Income tax helps the government generate a steady source of income which is eventually used for the development of the nation.
It also includes income from house property, profits from business, gains from profession (such as bonus), capital gains income, and ‘income from other sources’.
There are vacancies released every year so that an individual can apply for income tax department so knowing about the jobs offered by it plays a vital role for you to choose.
So here are the jobs offered by the Indian Income Tax Department:-
Type of Jobs Offered By Indian Income Tax Department:
- Prosecutor: These are lawyers who are hired to represent the officers and department in the Court.
- Tax Assistant: These calculates and assess individuals total liable tax incurred on their income and the groups they belong to.
- Inspector: These are the one who raids and seizes the goods and money’s which are illegally kept.
- Assistant Commissioner: These supervises inspectors and other subordinates in the task of collection and vigilance.
- Graduation with atleast 55℅ marks.
- Age limit of 18 to 30 years.
- Age relaxation as per your category.
- Citizen of INDIA, NEPAL, BHUTAN or Indian migrant.
- Height between 152 to 162 cm.
- Should be able to run one mile in required given time.
- Weight between 47 to 50kgs.
To become an income tax inspector, aspirants must appear for the SSC CGL examination. Or clear Clear Income Tax Department Test. Or clear UPSE CSE exam.
The highest salary for a Tax Lawyer in India is ₹31,103 per month.
An income tax inspector gets a basic pay between INR 9,300 and 34,800.
The average salary for an Assistant Commissioner State Tax is ₹6,30,334 per year.
Tax Assistant would be around Rs. 36000.
So these were the information regarding the title of the article and some other basic information required by the ITO candidates.
Hope it may have helped you..