If you are trying to get a job in the Indian Railways and want to know the types of jobs that are available in the Indian Railway Department and qualifications for them then this article contains your that specific answers.
The are a bunch of jobs available in the Indian Railway Department starting from Group A to Group D.
Almost 60+ jobs are available in the Railway Department.These Rail Jobs are available for 12th pass, 10th pass, SSC / Senior Secondary passed, ITI, Diploma and any Degree holders.
Every year more than 100 of vacancies are released for it but many people miss the chance just because they didn’t know what are the jobs exactly are and what does it require to get it.
Here is the list of jobs that you get in all of the Groups namely Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D.
List of jobs available in Indian Railways:
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS),
- Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS),
- Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS),
- Railway Protection Force(RPF),
- Assistant security Commissioner in RPF,
- General Duty Medical Officer, IRSME,
- Civil Service Examination (CSE) IRSSE,
- Engineering service/ Medical service/SCRA
- Store services
Group B and C:-
- traffic apprentice,
- commercial apprentice,
- Goods Guard,
- Junior Engineer ( Civil, electrical, Mechanical),
- Sr. Sec. Engineer,
- Para-Medical posts,
- Civil, Mechanical,
- Signal and Telecommunication Engineers,
- Commercial Apprentice,
- Enquiry clerk ,
- booking clerk,
- junior account assistant ,
- senior clerk
- Loco Pilot,
- Health Inspector,
- Malaria Inspector,
- Sub Inspector,
- Assistant works,
- Hospital assistant,
Other than these there are mora jobs available in Indian Railways.
Education Qualification for Group A:-
- Undergraduate from central university ( for IRTS,IRPS,IRAS,RPF)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- MSc in Wireless Comm, Electronics, Radio Physics, Radio Engineering,( for technical services)
- MBBS(for medical services)
Between age 21 – 32.
Educational qualification for Group B and C:-
- Graduation Degree or Diploma in Rail Transport and Management(for goods guard)
- 10th pass/SSLC + ITI from certified Board (for loco pilot)
- Technician: Above + Act Apprentices OR 12th with Physics, Math OR Diploma in Engineering.
- Graduate (for ASM)
- 12th pass (for ticket collector)
Education qualification for Group D:-
Education qualifications require a minimum of passing the 10th standard or an Industrial Training Institute (ITI) certificate from either the National Council for Vocational Training or the State Council for Vocational Training.